Banner Sun Health Research Institute
Research, clinical care, prevention
and education in memory and
movement disorders is having
a significant impact.
Located in the retirement community of Sun City, Arizona and serving the Sun Cities, Surprise, Peoria, and surrounding areas, the Banner Sun Health Research Institute conducts research, clinical care, prevention and education in both memory and movement disorders. Since its founding in 1986, the work of the Institute's scientists and physicians has had a significant impact on generating ground-breaking research in these debilitating age-related diseases.
Areas of specialty include Alzheimer’s and dementia; movement disorders including Parkinson’s Disease, Huntington’s disease, Tourette’s syndrome, dystonia and tremors; a brain and body donation program; and family and community services, including education, resources and support groups for care givers.
Supported by generous donations from community members like you, many of these programs would not exist without philanthropic investment. Your gift makes a positive impact on today’s patients and supports research for tomorrow’s cures. You may designate your gift to the general fund for Banner Sun Health Research Institute, or to one of the specific programs below:
- Brain and Body Donation Program. By clinically examining participants during the last years of their lives and then receiving their tissue at death, many medical mysteries are being unveiled. More than 1,900 area residents have donated brain and body tissue to the program.
- Center for Healthy Aging. Incorporates over a decade of valuable information from optimal aging seniors throughout the state of Arizona. The Center also embarks on other non-interventional studies and provides outreach to seniors in the community.
- Cleo Roberts Clinic. Provides state-of-the-art care for cognitive and movement disorders.
- Dementia Research. Patients participate in important observational research registries focused focused on treatment of disease, disease prevention and the promotion of healthy aging.
- Family and Community Services. Meeting the unique needs of people and their families through individual, family and group counseling programs as well as novel community outreach and education programs.
- Movement Disorders Research. Research of Parkinson’s Disease, Huntington’s disease, Tourette’s syndrome, dystonia and tremors.
- NeuroWellness. Complementary to current medical treatments and therapies, this program offers a sense of community, increased socialization and ultimately, a higher quality of life for patients and their families.
|GIVE TO BANNER SUN HEALTH RESEARCH INSTITUTE|