COVID-19 Response: How to Help
As the largest health care provider in Arizona and one of the largest health systems in the western U.S., Banner Health continues to be well-prepared to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, as cases are once again on the rise, needs are evolving every day, placing significant new demands on our health care system and our valued workforce. Here’s how you can help:
Banner has created Respite Rooms
in all 16 of our Arizona hospitals where
team members can safely remove their
PPE and enjoy a few moments of rest,
relaxation and stress reducing activities.
Now eight months into the pandemic, our hospital team members are experiencing “PPE fatigue,” ongoing discomfort and skin irritation related to the constant wearing of Personal Protective Equipment, along with physical and mental exhaustion and stress. To ease the challenge, Banner has created Respite Rooms in all 16 of our Arizona hospitals where team members can safely remove their PPE and enjoy a few moments of rest, relaxation and stress reducing activities.
You can sponsor a Respite Room with your tax-deductible donation of $5,000, with your family or company recognized within the space.
Charitable support of our Respite Rooms outfits each space with comfortable furnishings (such as cozy recliners and high-tech massage chairs), a variety of beverages and snacks, personal care products, games and puzzles, technology for accessing guided meditation and music streaming, and special lighting. Sponsors are recognized with signage in the Respite Room and on Banner Health Foundation social media channels.
- A $5,000 tax-deductible donation sponsors one Respite Room at the hospital of your choosing, with donor recognition. Contact Rebecca Simpson to discuss rooms available for sponsorship.
- Gifts in any amount help stock the Respite Rooms with snacks, beverages and personal care items. Give now (choose Respite Rooms in the dropdown menu when designating your gift).
Do you have products to donate in-kind? Please provide details using the form below, and a member of our team will contact you to coordinate delivery.
Feeding Our Frontlines
Our frontline hospital staff often do not have time to leave their unit or the hospital for a meal during their shift. Donated, pre-packaged meals available on-site provide nourishment and convenience as they continue caring for patients. There are two ways to donate meals:
- Make a charitable donation to the Banner Health Foundation to sponsor meals. A $500 donation provides 40 meals, a $1,000 donation provides 90 meals, and a $2,500 donation provides 250 meals. Our staff handles the ordering and coordination of meal delivery.
- Purchase individually packaged meals or healthy snacks and beverages to donate to the hospital of your choosing. All items must be packaged for individual consumption and prepared by a licensed restaurant provider (snacks and beverages must be commercial products in original sealed containers).
Please complete the form below and a member of our team will contact you to coordinate details of your delivery.
COVID-19 Response Fund
In this rapidly evolving situation, nonprofit Banner Health has relied on this ready source of flexible funding to meet escalating healthcare needs. Those needs change every day. The COVID-19 Response Fund is supporting a variety of services across Banner related to the outbreak, including technological innovations, medical supplies and PPE, patient care and supportive services, and team member support. Donations are tax-deductible. Give now (choose Coronavirus: COVID-19 Response in the dropdown menu when designating your gift).
Supporting our Staff: Crisis Assistance Fund
Support from our community means
the world to the brave heroes who
put themselves in the path of the
virus to keep all of us safe.
The Supporting Our Staff (SOS) Fund helps members of our health care workforce who are facing a financial hardship. Financial support is awarded based on an application process to assist employees facing eviction or foreclosure, utility shut-off, new childcare expenses, and loss of income due to missed work, among other hardships. Donations are tax-deductible. Give now (choose SOS: Support Our Staff Crisis Assistance in the dropdown menu when designating your gift).
Check the Banner Health website regularly for up-to-date community information related to COVID-19. Visit https://www.bannerhealth.com/patients/patient-resources/covid-19.
Share this information
We encourage people to stay home and socially distance, but you can seek out new ways to stay connected with your loved ones and community during this time. Please help spread the work by sharing the “How Can I Help?” links from this page with your networks and social media channels.
Remember to protect yourself and others
Follow these tips:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick and only go out to seek medical care.
- Wear a cloth mask over your nose and mouth when in public spaces.
- Put distance between yourself and others if COVID-19 is spreading in your community.