Banner Children’s teen patients make memories at “Prom by the Pool” thanks to Dunkin’ Joy in Childhood Foundation
Banner Children’s teen patients
enjoyed an unforgettable day by
the pool and a misted poolside
cabana, custom screen-printed
t-shirts, and more.
Prom has represented a cornerstone of American teenage life each spring, but every year, patients battling illness may have to miss this celebration. Earlier this summer, the Banner Health Foundation teamed up with the Dunkin’ Joy in Childhood Foundation to host a special “Prom by the Pool” event for teen patients to make memories to last a lifetime.
After an especially challenging year, this unique and safe year-end celebration was a day of fun in the sun at the Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia. Before the prom, teens received special invitations that included a custom box with details of the event and goodies to build excitement.
At the “Prom by the Pool,” 34 of our Banner Children’s teen patients and their guests enjoyed an unforgettable day by the pool and a misted poolside cabana, donuts and tasty noshes, custom screen-printed t-shirts, a glam station, custom airbrushed shoes, a professional photo shoot, and a high-end gift bag.
Banner Health Foundation thanks the Dunkin’ Joy in Childhood Foundation by making this event possible through its generous support. Watch the video to re-live this incredible day.
We are grateful to the following event partners who helped bring the Dunkin’ Prom concept of “Prom by the Pool” and “Prom-cation” to life.
- Dang Fine Rentals created custom donut, sunshine, and sprinkle backdrops for our participants to pose in front of. They created balloon installations within the interior suite space to create a whimsical, Dunkin’ brand-specific ambiance.
- The Sparkle Bar hosted two glam stations where participants could get their makeup done, including face glitter and gemstones. Additionally, patients could get their hair braided and styled specially for the event.
- Iced Gourmet Shave Ice offered delicious and cooling treats for participants with tropical flavors, fresh fruit and whipped crème toppings.
- Arizona Artistic hosted a booth where kids could have Converse tennis shoes airbrush painted with a custom design, including their name, motifs, and designs that they chose.
- Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia’s catering staff presented a special menu of yummy foods, which rotated hourly including: a donuts and breakfast bar; chimichangas, tacos and churros; ice cream Sunday bar.