Support your passions well into the future
There are many ways you can
ensure your support for the Banner
Health hospital, patient program, or
area of care that matters most to
you continues for years to come.
Everyone has a passion. You may be passionate about a place that holds an important spot in your heart, a cause that’s near and dear to you or a charitable organization that you frequently volunteer for and support.
But, did you know that you can continue to support your passions even after your lifetime while also receiving tax benefits for yourself? You can—with a planned gift.
Popular planned gifts
- Include a gift to Banner Health Foundation or Banner Alzheimer's Foundation in your will or living trust
- Your benefits: Retain control of your assets and have the satisfaction or knowing where your money goes once you are gone.
- Name Banner Health Foundation or Banner Alzheimer’s Foundation as beneficiary of your retirement account
- Your benefits: These assets pass to us tax-free, allowing us to use the entire amount to support ongoing community programs and continue to our leading-edge research. If passed to your loved ones, they would have to pay income tax when distributions are made from the account.
- Transfer appreciated stock to Banner Health Foundation
- Your benefits: You qualify for a federal income tax charitable deduction based on the current fair market value of the securities and are exempt from paying capital gains tax on any increase in their value.
- Create a life income gift
- Your benefits: Depending on the type of gift you choose; you can receive stable income for life or for a period of up to 20 years. You may also qualify for a federal income tax charitable deduction in the year you make the gift.
Need help making a planned gift?
There are many ways you can ensure your support for Banner Health continues for years to come. Contact Laurie Susie, Chief Development Officer for Planned Giving, at Laurie.Susie@BannerHealth.com or by phone at 602.747.4485 today to learn more about planned giving, or for help finding the perfect gift for you.
The information in this publication is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor. Figures cited in any examples are for illustrative purposes only. References to tax rates include federal taxes only and are subject to change. State law may further impact your individual results.