Care, Research, Prevention, and Healing
HOPE STARTS HERE
In this year alone, nearly 1.7 million Americans, including almost 33,000 Arizonans, will hear the dreaded words, “You have cancer.” Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center leverages the collective strengths of Arizona’s leading health-care provider and the nation’s top-ranked cancer center to wage war against cancer. Since opening in fall 2011, Banner MD Anderson has offered new hope to cancer patients and their families throughout Arizona and the Southwest.
Hope Starts Here Campaign
In 2014, Banner Health launched a $22 million fundraising effort to expand clinical research, targeted treatment programs and support for cancer patients and survivors. With your philanthropic support, we can accelerate efforts needed to stop the disease and provide care to patients and families now. You have many options for supporting the work of Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center, including:
- Research. Help find a cure for many types of cancer by supporting our slate of clinical trials, giving patients access to the latest breakthroughs and supporting the discovery of new treatments.
- Patient Assistance. Help low-income patients cover the cost of treatment.
- Integrative Medicine. Support cancer patients and survivors through complementary therapies, evidence-based alternative therapies, wellness programs, nutrition and exercise programs, and more.
- myCancerConnection®. Help pair individuals recently diagnosed with cancer with a compatible and compassionate survivor.
- Greatest Needs. Make a gift to support the most critical needs at Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center or the University of Arizona Cancer Center.
|GIVE TO CANCER PROGRAMS|
To assure that no one faces cancer alone, the myCancerConnection® program at Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center offers opportunities to:
- Get Hope. Call 480.256.MYCC (6922) and get connected with a trained volunteer whose diagnosis, treatment, or experience is similar to yours.
- Offer Hope. Offer one-on-one support by phone and share your experiences. Join now and you can provide strength and hope for others.
- Support Hope. Volunteer on-site at Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center. Call 480.256.MYCC (6922) and start now.
- Give Hope. Make a difference in the lives of others with a tax-deductible charitable gift to support the program. Click on the green button above to give online and choose myCancerConnection from the drop-down list of programs. If you prefer, you can mail your check to: Banner Health Foundation / myCancerConnection, 2901 N. Central Ave., Suite 160, Phoenix, AZ 85012
Bringing together trained volunteers and those needing one-on-one support, the program was developed by The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center and the marks are owned by MD Anderson.
OTHER WAYS TO HELP
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center, fill out a Volunteer Application and fax it to 480.543.2861, deliver it by hand to the front desk, or mail it to the Cancer Center. Once your application is received, a Volunteer Services manager will contact you to schedule an informational interview session.
If you or a loved one needs care, or to learn more, visit the Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center website.