Volunteer at a Banner Facility
Volunteers give talent and time.
Sharing your talent and time is its own form of philanthropy. Every year, thousands serve as Banner Health volunteers, helping people in emergencies, raising funds for equipment and services, donating blood, organizing programs for the elderly and young children, and more. Volunteers are an important part of Banner Health's mission of making health care easier, so life can be better.
Volunteer at a Foundation Event
Each year, Banner Health Foundation hosts The Pulse of the City Soiree, Banner Health’s signature fundraising gala, and the popular Banner Children's Open. Volunteers are needed to make these events a success. To volunteer, call 602.747.4654.
Organize a Drive or Delivery
These volunteer opportunities can be coordinated independently and may culminate with delivery of items to one of our medical facilities. To organize a drive, creative activity, or fundraising event, call 602.747.4654. Ideas include:
- Cardiac Patient Heart Pillows with a Pillow-Stuffing Party at Banner Thunderbird and MD Anderson Cancer Center—Volunteer group sews and stuffs heart pillows, providing comfort to cancer patients.
- School Supply Drive at Banner Children’s Facilities—Donate and deliver school supplies to one or more facilities. Items needed include coloring books, crayons, markers, coloring paper, glue, crafting fabric and pencils. Supplies benefit our Hospital School program at Banner Children’s facilities across Arizona.
- Toy Drive at multiple Banner facilities—Donate and deliver toys to one or more facilities. Toys (tech toys included) are used as part of our Toy Closets at pediatric facilities and for children entering Banner Health emergency rooms.
- Book & Magazine Drive at Banner Estrella—Donate and deliver new books and magazines for patients.
- Clothing Drive at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital—Donate and deliver clothes for adolescents/teenage clients in need during their treatment.
- Cancer Patient Comforts Supply Drive at multiple Banner facilities—Donate and deliver cancer-related comfort items including blankets, puzzles, games, lotion, etc.
- Hygiene Kits Drive at Banner – University Medicine Phoenix—Donate and deliver assembled personal hygiene kits for homeless individuals who visit our Emergency Room. Kits to include shampoo, toothbrushes, toothpaste, bars of soap, combs, etc.
- Get Well Card Program at Banner Casa Grande—Make "Get Well Soon" cards for patients and deliver to facility.
Volunteer in a Banner Medical Facility
Our volunteers come from all walks of life—ranging from high school students to adults to seasonal visitors and retirees—and work directly with people and provide behind-the-scenes support. Our goal is to find a match for your interests with opportunities at our medical facilities and through our community programs.
To find volunteer opportunities near you:
- Visit www.bannerhealth.com/ways-to-give/volunteer.
- Set your location in the upper right corner.
- Scroll down to see the list of nearby opportunities with contact information.
Volunteers in Banner medical facilities are interviewed by a volunteer services representative and must have a TB test, undergo a background check, and submit proof of vaccinations.